Friday 1 March 2013

D&AD - MAKE YOUR MARK - SELF BRANDING - logos

After looking at other brands I've realised the importance of a whole brand identity rather than a single logo. So I created a series of linked logos.
My personal branding many not immediate make sense as a graphic designer but I feel it says quite a lot about me. Teeth have always been something that interests me greatly, up until the age of 17 I wanted to be a dentist as there are two in my family. As well as this I think teeth themselves say a lot about someone are one of the first things I take notice of when talking to someone. So that is why I began my portfolio with a set. The idea of a set of teeth and the brand name FullSet has more than one meaning, the obvious being a full set of teeth, but more than that I can mean a full set of work, a full set of skills or ideas. They like skills are something that need to be maintained and polished and you have them for life.
I started these ideas through a few rough sketches of both the teeth themselves and a stylised signature, inspired by the world renowned street/surf wear brand Stüssy, in a note pad then scanning them in and redrawing them in illustrator with the pen tool creating a vector. And for my monogram logo I took a typeface I found online which I liked elements of my not the entire thing, I then edited the anchor points changing it to my liking and combining the two letters on illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment